Athi River Restoration Programme projects include:
- Conducting the Water Abstraction and Pollution Surveys for water resources protection, conservation and enforcement for compliance to the water regulations.
- Marking and pegging the riparian land; and the proscribed structures therein.
- Development and implementation of Water Allocation Plans for equitable and sustainable use of water resources for various needs and demands.
- Athi River Restoration program that covers the Nairobi River basin headwaters all the way down to the Indian Ocean through Athi River Catchment.
The program objectives include:
- improve the water quality and ecosystems of the water bodies; Ngong, Mbagathi, Mathare, Kirichwa, Nairobi rivers and their tributaries
- enhanced water availability to meet the needs and demands
- promote livelihood activities that protect and conserve water resources